Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Mom Jeans

Have you ever seen the SNL clip about Mom Jeans? I feel like I'm living that reality. Only worse. I have graduated from Mom Jeans to Mini Mom Jeans. Let me explain. I'm pregnant, about 17 weeks. A few months ago someone gave me a pair of jeans that were too big. I decided to save them for the day that I got pregnant. So for the past 2 months I have been comfortable lounging around town in this pair of too-big jeans that my husband and I affectionately named my "mom jeans." Yesterday we were getting ready for our ward camp out. I pulled mom jeans out of the dryer and put them on. To my utter horror they were too tight to button. Dismayed, I placed them in the ever-growing pile of clothes that I used to wear and slapped on my stretchy pants (maternity jeans). They are what I now dub "Mini mom jeans."That's because the baby is still baking so I'm not a full-blown mom yet, just a mini mom. Anyhow, as to the woes of losing your girlish figure, a lady at work yesterday said to me "It's only going to get worse before it gets better and your body will never be the same again." Talk about words of assurance.

6 comments:

  1. Ah, we moms love to tell it like it is.

    Although, I have a feeling that your body WILL be the same again, you lucky dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a C-section so I felt that it was unfair that my hips still permanently spread for normal childbirth! And already having "latin hips" didn't help much either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's true...you might lose all the weight, but you never fit into your old clothes quite the same way. The price you pay...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup. Pregnancy sure is a metamorphosis. And no matter how good YOU look when it is all over (I'm serious... especially compared to some of us), I'm sure getting used to the changes that have taken place will be just as difficult for you as it is for us size 16's. It is psychologically one of the hardest parts of becoming a mom- but to make you feel better, most of us get used to our new excess skin and sagging "girls" in about a year or two, and find ways to compensate. :) (a good bra and possibly different brand of jeans;)

    Having said all of that, honestly... I can't WAIT to be pregnant again! I'm jealous! It's so fun, and so SO worth it. Also, I can't wait to see your cute little baby. You are going to be a great mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha. Ooo what a nice lady at work. :) That's how it has been for me, but it's not too bad. AND I'm so excited that you are pregnant! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Rachel! It's Kristen Tanner Harmon- I found your blog from April's and it is so fun! I am due to deliver my third baby today (a girl after two boys). I just wanted to tell you not to worry- the body comes back and sometimes faster than you think. I was 5 lbs. under my pre-pregnancy weight two weeks after my first was born. Your body isn't the same, but in a good way that usually just means you are more stacked! (Forgive me if that is a bad way to say it... but let's be honest!) You have such a cute body, it is part of the gift you give your little angel to let it go for a little while. It's not fun though- I think Heaven meant it to be hard! I hope you are well- it's been a lot of fun to see your blog. Congrats on the upcoming baby!!!

    ReplyDelete