Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Stake Conference and Stuff

Dear Blog,
So today we had stake conference in our singles stake where I am in the bishopric. The opening prayer was funny because the boy asked if the members could find their "significant answers and significant others today." Rachel is my significant other and sweetheart.

A friend in the ward was trying to compile a list of 100 dates. We suggested frisbee at the duck pond, in n out, beta fish fight, MOA museum, and international cinema. Beta fish fight was actually Rachel's idea. She said people used to do that on her mission for fun and its legal, unlike dogfighting (ojo NFL player Michael Vick).

My wife flosses her teeth so nicely. Much more diligent than I.

Rachel made some awesome pies this weekend. Apple pie, pumpkin pie and Shepards Pie. We should have mixed them :)

I like to kick piles of fallen leaves and see them fly in the air.

Lucy Elizabeth seems to be the name we shall call our baby girl. Lucy because of Lucy from the Chronicles of Narnia and Elizabeth from Elizabeth Barret Browning. I like books. Or Elizabeth from Pride and Prejudice so we can call her Lizzy. That would be a nice setup for our second daughter to be Jane, also from Pride and Prejudice, Lizzy's sister or Jane Austin. We look forward to Lucy Elizabeth coming to us on March 8th.

Sincerely,
Vico Zuniga

4 comments:

  1. You Zunigas and your girls! haha!! I love it! And I love the idea of strong literary heroine names. She will always be proud of that for sure! We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, Elizabeth is taken. You can't have any part of it.

    Rachel likes to make pies. I remember that ham slab pie. It was tasty. I tried to make it, minus the slab, plus diced ham, and it wasn't as good because my crust was terrible.

    I remember a stake conference at BYU where 3 times within the session, the phrase "day by day by day" was used either in prayers or in talks. It made me laugh out loud every time because it made me think of that movie Meet the Parents.

    Over and out

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the name. Funny how you chose the same name as one of our girls, except in reverse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucy Elizabeth! Love the name for many reasons. Looking forward to loving the little girl Lucy. Love all you guys!

    ReplyDelete