Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Swine Flu!!

The latest scoop of news comes from the swine flu craze like it was another 2 week fad diet.  People may be fanatic about it now but two weeks from now when the cricket flu is identified, swine flu will be old news.  

Here in Provo we have been highly affected by the pandemic.  My wife went to work on thursday receiving some unexpected yet highly anticipated news on the pandemic.  Her boss informed the staff the tragic loss brought upon by the swine flu on its first victim, a toddler.  She went on to say that she didn't mean to be an "alarmist" but that we should remember to disinfect our "hands, tables and toys" so as to avoid falling prey to the awful swine flu.  

As we visited the MTC we were told that we were not allowed to shake hands with any of the missionaries for fear that they might give us the swine flu or we might give them the swine flu perchance that one of us has come in contact with any infected with the disease.  I disinfected my hands before shaking hands with others so I should be okay ( although last week I had a cough, maybe signifying that i am infected?  Am I a carrier?  "Hmm, he seems like a nice guy" is what I would say.).

Are we all doomed?  Is this one of the plagues we should be worrying about in the last days?  Lets see what Colbert, our expert satirist has to say about the swine flu pandemic in the link below:

1 comment:

  1. It does amaze me how freaked out about the swine flu people are when the normal flu kills approximately 36,000 people a year and people could care less about it.

    My less-than-Christian self got kind of annoyed yesterday when a handful of people asked Jeff or I why we had our baby at church (not just in our ward) when the swine flu was going around. Like we're negligent parents trying to kill our daughter.

    ReplyDelete